I Read A Book #ItChangedMyLife

By Victoria Akinwande

One of my greatest heart desires has always been to lead an extraordinary life, to be significant, to leave a legacy for my generation. But, I didn’t know what it takes to make my dreams become a reality. “My dreams remained dreams”, there was no corresponding action to make them become a reality.

When anybody asked me “where do you see yourself in the nearest future?” my response used to be “I would be great and living a first class life.” Lol! I thought having great dreams and visions was all I needed to be phenomenal.

 

Sometimes last year, I visited a friend in Lagos, Nigeria. I love to travel a lot. My friend was very busy during the visit, I stayed home alone most of the time. It’s easier in situations like this to watch movies, listen to music and chat away my precious time, but I decided to READ.

 

My friend is an avid reader, there were books all over the room, close to 200 books, but I had to pick one. Choosing which one to read wasn’t easy mehn! I had to close my eyes to other books, most of the books were excellent books but one really caught my attention “The Monk That Sold His Ferrari.” Coincidentally, that was the same book my friend recommended.

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Download book here

So, I embarked on a journey with the Leadership Expert and Titan Robin Sharma. Apart from the oldest and still relevant book which doesn’t need an upgrade “The Bible”. For me, “The Monk That Sold His Ferrari” is a book I recommend for people to read.

 

The human race usually thinks that the future is a time zone say 5, 10 years from now, No. The future is not a time zone it’s all that you have been created to be that you haven’t become, So I realized I had to stop dreaming and wishing. It’s fine to dream, there are many times I sit down and visualize myself in my dream house, car, family, audience, et. al.

 

But I had to get up and begin to do the things that I was born to do. I started by compiling inspirational quotes and send to my BBM contacts weekly, from there I graduated into writing and posting article on my social media accounts and today I have a blog where I post on daily (HERE). Truth is I haven’t done 1% of what God created me to do, but I’m on the path and I know I would arrive at my DESTINATION.

 

I realized that to have the result only the 5% of the world’s population have, I have to be willing and committed to thinking, behaving and installing the habits the other 95% of the world’s population are not willing to imbibe, that’s where we separate the great, that’s where the 5% rises to the top.

 

This book is a testimonial of the quote by Francis Bacon “Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested.”

I chewed and digested this book and it changed my life forever!


Tomorrow on #ItChangedMyLife; Death #ItChangedMyLife by Okikiola Oladele

Read previous episodes here

I Discovered Purpose #ItChangedMyLife by Daniel Otabor

Dr S.O. And His Cane #ItChangedMyLife by Olubukola Omotoso

I Met A Happy Blind Lady #ItChangedMyLife by Nissi Inspiration

I Lost My Phone #ItChangedMyLife by Adekunle

I Fell In Love #ItChangedMyLife  By Tomi Adesina

I Watched Scandal #ItChangedMyLife By LordJosh

11 thoughts on “I Read A Book #ItChangedMyLife

  1. Thank you Victoria for this wonderful and inspirational life changing story.

    The book that changed my life, An Enemy Called Average by John Mason.
    I am forever grateful to God and to Sis Fortune, that i use to borrowed books from then until one day she said, Ayoola it is now time you start to buy your own book…

    Thanks Lord Josh..

  2. My pleasure Mr Ayoola Iwayemi. Thank you for sharing with with us the book that changed your life. Blessings.

  3. Thank you for the recommendation,read all night. I guess I already start the journey too. Thank you!

    Thanks Josh

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *